When I saw a pin of adorable Rainbow Cupcakes on Pinterest I immediately knew I could recreate them and they just SCREAMED Muppet-Party to me! lol! They are the perfect addition to a "Rainbow Connection" dessert theme or Muppet party! And its all in the decorating!
What you need:
- Vanilla Frosting
- Airhead Extremes Rainbow Sour tape
- Baked (and cooled) cupcakes
How you make the magic:
- Split the frosting in half and color half of it blue (leaving the rest white)
- Lightly frost all cupcakes blue
- Pipe an "8" in white frosting on both the left and right sides of your cupake. Fill in the circles so that your 8's now look like to mini, fluffy white clouds.
- Cut each piece of the sour tape into thirds, take one of the pieces you have just cut and stick on end into the middle of one cloud... then bend into the cloud on the opposite side of your cupcake
- Voila!! (I recommend putting completed cupcakes into the fridge to harden up after you've finished icing.)
"Someday we'll find it- the Rainbow Connection-
the lovers, the dreamers, and me
All of us under its spell, it must be some kind of magic..."
-Kermit the Frog